Over 2019, a number of traders came together to improve the overall look and feel of Saracen Street and its environs.
An approach was then made to ng homes and with their support, the traders established a Steering Group and made a seedcorn funding application to Scotland’s Towns Partnership which was successful.
The Steering Group
Current members are listed below in alphabetical order:
- Omar Afzal (Shopsmart Post Office) as Treasurer
- Bob Doris MSP
- Gerry Facenna (Allied Vehicles)
- Margaret Fraser (ng homes)
- Melanie Fyffe (Possobilities)
- Brian Kelly (Eye Pad Optician) as Secretary
- Brian Land (Thriving Places)
- Dr Iain McHardy (Health Centre)
- Gary Walker (Gary Walker Butcher) as Chair