COVID-19: SUPPORT FOR TOWNS & IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS (from Scotland’s Towns Partnership)
Version published on: 30/03/2020
This document signposts to key sources of support and advice relevant to towns, city-districts and communities in order to help the custodians of Scotland’s places respond to the impact of coronavirus.
This briefing will be updated as new announcements are made, and you can email any resources which have been missed to email@example.com. Updates will be posted on the Scotland’s Towns Partnership and Scotland’s Improvement Districts websites. We continue to support our towns and city districts through this time, and so please get in touch with any queries that we may be able to help with.
Official Government Information Portals
- UK Government – Coronavirus Response. [includes section on ‘businesses and other organisations’]
- UK Government – Guidance for Employees, Employers and Businesses.
- Scottish Government – Coronavirus Response.
Businesses in Scotland
- Scottish Government: Coronavirus Advice for Businesses in Scotland.
- Business Gateway – Guidance for Business Owners in Scotland on Coronavirus.
- Scottish Government: £2.2bn Business Support Package. [18/03/2020]
> £10k & £25k Business Support Grants (see link below for info & to apply) [24/03/2020]
> Local Authorities – Coronavirus Grants (full info on eligibility and applying for business grants)
> Scottish Government Business Helpline: businesses can contact 0300 303 0660 for more information Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm. Select Option 1 to speak to the COVID – 19 team.
- Responding to COVID-19: Webinar and Presentation Slides [20/03/2020]
- Advice and Guidance Note from Scotland’s Improvement Districts [18/03/2020]
- Press Release: “Think Local” During the Coronavirus Crisis [18/03/2020]
Third Sector, Social Enterprise & Community
- Scottish Government: £350 Communities Funding for Coronavirus Resilience [18/03/2020]
- £20m Third Sector Resilience Fund [25/03/2020]
- SCVO: Third-Sector Information Hub
- BEFS: Directory of Support for Cultural Heritage and Built Environment Organisations
- SES: Directory of Support for Social Enterprises
- CDAS Support Directory for Communities